Tuesday, February 16

Hemingway's Dining Room

I wish I got a picture of the entire dining room, but there were too many tourists in the frame. Sorry! Anyway, above is a corner of the dining room, which is painted pale blue. A portrait of the resident hangs above the fireplace. Why not.

Below is a photo of the room I took from the the Hemingway Home and Museum website. You can see better the construction of the 18th-century Spanish dining table and chairs in my detail pics below. The table was found by Hemingway's wife Pauline; she loved antiques. She also loved chandeliers. One of her favorites, hand-blown and from Murano, Italy, hangs above the table.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the man in the tux tee shirt. And Bermuda shorts. In light khaki. He wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora, he was awesome! Very informative. And I believe he also wore a dangling anchor earring.

    ReplyDelete